If you attempt to quickly get that what emails are unread in your Mail app for Mac then we have good news for you. A latest simple filter option can make it very easier than ever to show only the latest or marked unread messages in your email account inboxes.
Quick-toggle unread email filter feature is the most updated version of Mail for Mac OS that is available in the present to save your time and effort. If you are on an earlier system software release, this ability will not be available to you, although you are able to use the unread email inbox sorting trick here instead of this. Just suppose that you are using one of the more modern versions of system software. So the new unread email toggle filter is available that will help you to get an unread mail.
STEPS TO FILTER FOR UNREAD EMAILS ON MAC TO SEE ALL UNREAD MESSAGES:-
- You need to open the Mail app on your Mac.
- Move to primary Mailboxes screen in your Mail and locate the little filter toggle button, it is a small button and looks like a series of lines atop one another.
- Then click on the little filter button to immediately filter all of the emails to appear Unread messages only.
- Now, click on the Filter toggle again to get all emails in the inbox, both unread and read as per your requirement.
- All of the unread emails will be shown on the Mail screen only for as long as that toggle is set and enabled.
- In another way, you can also toggle it on once and then for each subsequent open of Mail app the Unread Filter will stay enabled.
It is an easy trick to add with refreshing the inbox to get the new email with a keystroke if you are looking for only on new or unread messages. It’s also an implausibly helpful way if you ever find yourself with the Mail app will show you have new unread emails available, but if you can’t see them quickly on the screen. By toggling the Unread filter, even previous emails that are unread will show up on your screen.
Please note- You need to click on the actual little round filter button if you want to filter the inbox.
If you click on the text next to the filter button, then you will instead reveal a drop-down menu where you can choose that what the quick Filter button does like- adjusting some simple filtering options for each email account setup on the Mac Mail.
As we have mentioned before, you will get this little Filter toggle button is only in the latest versions of Mail app for Mac OS. Besides this, you can get this in Sierra (10.12) or later. If you are Mac users on an older version of system software, then a similar function can be worked by creating an unread mail smart inbox in Mail, and that approach still works in the MacOS Mail new versions too.
Suggestion- However, this trick will work only for Mac users and the Mail app but if you have a mobile device such as- the iPhone and iPad. You can also have a Show Unread Email toggle in iOS Mail to quickly get that what emails are pending to read. The unread email filter toggle will work as the similar manner in both macOS and iOS devices.